Māori Standing Committee
- Considers the role of Māori in protecting and enhancing the future wellbeing of Wairoa District.
- Considers governance issues relating to Council obligations to tangata whenua.
- Investigates and reports to the Council on any issues that the Māori Standing Committee considers necessary that may have an implication for tangata whenua.
- His Worship the Mayor Craig Little (ex-officio)
- Councillor Charles (Charlie) Lambert
- Councillor Jeremy Harker
- Kiwa Hammond (Wairoa Hopupu) (Chairperson), Paul Kelly (Wairoa Matangirau) (Deputy Chairperson), Peter Whaanga (Mahia Mai Tawhiti), Whaiora Maindonald (Wairoa Honengenenge), Henare Mita (Rakaipaaka), Here Nissen (Ruakituri), Sharon Cooper/Stone (Waikaremoana), Adrian Manuel (Wairoa Whanui), Theresa Thornton (Pahauwera).
Agendas & Minutes
For the Agendas of the Maori Standing Committee please click here.
For the Minutes of the Maori Standing Committee please click here.
To find out more about the committee, contact Maori Relationship Manager - David Tipoki at the Wairoa District Council.
+64 6 838 7309