Statistics New Zealand heading to Wairoa for Census 2018
Statistics New Zealand (Tatauranga Aotearoa) are coming to Wairoa to bring together people from key organisations and talk about the 2018 Census.
Stats NZ aims to hold a presentation and discussion that is useful to anyone who has an interest in Census - either working with the community, within government, to share the benefits and insight this data brings to all people in NZ, the importance of participation, and to assist with any questions needed.
Their time in our district will be to give an opportunity for people to engage with the team, and also share feedback.
Please see below for more information:
What are we doing?
Statistics New Zealand Tatauranga Aotearoa are coming to your region to bring together people from key organisations and talk about the 2018 Census.
Why are we doing it?
Information from the census helps determine how government funding is spent in the community. It is used to help make decisions about which services are needed and where they should be, such as hospitals, kōhanga reo, schools, roads, public transport, and recreational facilities.
We need your help to reach everyone in New Zealand and pass on messages to your communities about why participating in the census matters for them.
What will we be talking about?
- The 2018 Census – when is it and why it is important to participate.
- Outline our strategies to count everyone
- Advocacy / Community Liaison / Collection / Communications
- Discuss how you can help 2018 Census be a success
- Security and confidentiality – how we protect people’s personal information.
- Operational information – what will be happening in the field in your area.
- Filling in forms online – why we want a high online uptake.
- Key census questions – demystifying why we ask some questions and what they are used for.
- Census products and services – how information will be made available after census, what services will be provided to organisations and communities
When and where is it being held?
Thursday, November 30th 2-4pm, held at the War Memorial Hall, 97-103 Queen St
Our meeting will take about one and a half to two hours.
Who from your organisation should attend?
Anyone who has a role working or engaging with your organisations key stakeholders or communities for example: communications staff, community liaison or outreach staff, iwi and Māori liaison staff, student support officers, librarians, social and health service staff, youth workers, and anyone with an interest in understanding more about census and what will be happening in 2018.
Please confirm your attendance by emailing the following information to email@example.com:
- Your organisation
- Your job title
- Your location
Census day – Tuesday, 6 March 2018.
17 November 2017