What are rates for?
Rates are your investment in the infrastructure and services enjoyed in the Wairoa District.
In order to provide funding for the services of Wairoa District Council, a charge is levied over all properties in the Wairoa District. The charge per rating unit is based on the area and use of the land.
Value based rates
- General Rate: To fund the balance of Council Activities
- Roading Rate: To fund the provision of roading services and the provision of street lighting
- Stormwater and Drainage: To fund the provision of stormwater drainage services
- Services Rate: To fund the provision of other services (economic development, community support, community halls, cemeteries, building, planning and resource management, health control and safety, liquor licencing, animal control, roading/parking.)
- Recreation Rate: To fund the provision of recreation services (Parks and reserves)
Uniform Annual Charges
- Uniform Annual General Charge: To fund Community Representation, the community complex, 100% of Maori Liaison and 50% of the cost of Library Services
- Waste Management Uniform Annual Charge - Urban
- Urban Waste Management Uniform Annual Charge - Rural
- Water Charge Wairoa, Tuai, Mahanga: To fund the supply of water
- Sewage Disposal Wairoa, Tuai: To fund the provision of sewage disposal
For more information relating to Rates, please contact the Wairoa District Council.
+64 6 838 7309