Economic Development Committee
The Economic Development Committee provides strategic oversight and direction to economic development in the district. It manages, monitors and reports to Council on the performance of Wairoa's economy and the coordination of the Economic Development Strategy.
- Proposes, supports and reviews strategic projects and programmes to deliver on the Economic Development Strategy.
- Facilitates partnerships and collaborative funding models to support economic development initiatives and across the arts, cultural and events sector.
- Point of engagement for the Council with the government, businesses, business organisations, and local economic development agencies in relation to all economic policy and strategy matters.
- Evaluates the balance of economic development policies, programmes and initiatives across the district and ensure an appropriate balance between rural and urban opportunities.
- Engagement with Tangata Whenua as Kaitiaki with Mana Whenua status.
- Maintains the relationship with the sister city of Kitaibaraki.
- His Worship the Mayor Craig Little (ex-officio)
- Deputy Mayor Denise Eaglesome-Karekare
- Councillor Michael (Min) Johansen
- Paul Kelly (representative of the Māori Standing Committee)
- Karen Burger (Chairperson of the Wairoa Horizons Trust)
- Other members as may be co-opted, as appropriate (e.g. tourism, education, digital)
Agendas & Minutes
For the Agendas of the Economic Development Committee please click here.
For the Minutes of the Economic Development Committee please click here.
For more information please contact the Wairoa District Council.
+64 6 838 7309