Next Second-hand Sunday
July 30th, 2017
Do you have any household items you no longer need?
Wairoa District Council is giving the community a chance to give away household items to others for free, through our Second-hand Sunday event. You can also collect items you want from others for free.
At your home. You can put your items together in a neat pile, either at your letterbox or next to your driveway.
What you need to do
If you would like to give away your household items, fill in the form at the bottom of this page to register your address.
You need to let Council know by Thursday 27 before the Sunday, so we can advertise your address.
Once you have filled in your form, Council will send you a red leaflet form for you to put onto your letterbox, to let people know you have items to give away.
On the day
- Put the red Wairoa leaflet on your letterbox.
- Put the items together into a neat pile, either at your letterbox or next to your driveway.
Tips for collectors
- Only take items from properties advertised and where the Second-hand Sunday sign is displayed.
- Only collect between 9am and 2pm – no earlier.
- Do not enter the property; the items should be at the front gate.
- Council recommends that you check anything you collect to make sure it’s safe.
After 2pm, remove the red leaflet and take items that were not taken back inside your property. It’s your responsibility to remove anything not taken. If you leave it outside your property boundary, then this is fly dumping, in breach of the Litter Act 1979.
Registration for Second-hand Sunday
We accept registrations up until the Thursday before the Sunday 30 of June, so we can advertise your address.
A list of addresses will be available on our website and Facebook page.
+64 6 838 7309