The current years rates are divided into four instalments, which are due at three monthly intervals as follows:
|Instalment No||Rating Period Covered||Rates Due Dates|
|1||1 July to 30 September||20 August|
|2||1 October to 31 December||20 November|
|3||1 January to 31 March||20 February|
|4||1 April to 30 June||20 May|
Ratepayers are entitled to pay the whole or any part of subsequent instalments of rates for the rating year in addition to the amount now due.
Ratepayers are able to make payment arrangements as follows by
Payment may be made at Council's office, Coronation Square, Queen Street, Wairoa between 9.00am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays or otherwise notified).
- Payments can be made either by instalment or weekly/fortnightly/monthly/quarterly/annually.
- Ratepayers are entitled to pay the whole or any part of subsequent instalments of rates in addition to the amount now due.
Cheque, Cash or EFTPOS
EASIPAY, which is Direct Debit
- Weekly or fortnightly payments every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night.
- Monthly payments every 20thof the month
- Three monthly payments every due date
- Annually with a discount option on 20 August
Automatic Payment or Direct Credit
- Weekly, fortnightly, monthly or three monthly payment on a day suitable to your banking needs.
Internet Banking or Telebanking
- Councils bank account details are as follows
Name of Bank: Westpac
Name of Account: WAIROA DISTRICT CNCL
Account Details: 03-0785-0070470-000
Ratepayers details must be shown so that Council can recognize who made payment as follows:
Particulars: Surname and first letter of christian name e.g JONES R
Code: Valuation Roll Number e.g 08700-12400 (EXAMPLE ONLY)
Reference: Account Type e.g RATES
10% will be added to any portion of the current instalment not paid on or before the due date.
A second additional charge of 10% will be added to all rates, charges and penalties outstanding on 1st July of any year.
For more information please contact the Wairoa District Council.
+64 6 838 7309
Wairoa District Council, PO Box 54, Wairoa 4108